This week, we started building and assembling our final version of the Silophon. We started out by mapping, measuring and calculating the sizes of the different pieces we will need to build and construct. After that, we discussed the various materials we would like to use and where we should buy them. For example, we thought the mallet used for hitting the keys should probably be made of rubber and then wrapped in felt.
Over the week we scouted out our materials from around the city:
For the mallets: Canal Rubber
For the ends of each key: Tender Buttons
The button store is a must if you’re even around the Upper East Side:
These are the buttons we chose:
Time for us to get back to work.. More to come next week!